It’s time to get to work! The UK Civil Service consists of over 300 departments and agencies, employing over 400,000 staff across the UK and abroad – across 25 different professions.
There’s a place for anyone who’s motivated and hard working in the Civil Service – and our new programme will get you a foot in the door.
Why do this course:
- Improve your CV, job application and job interview skills – and earn an accredited qualification in Employability Skills.
- Get an inside understanding of the Civil Service’s recruitment process
- Hear directly from Civil Servants about what it’s like to work for the government
- Following the course you will have additional support, if required, in applying for the civil service roles through a session with our employer engagement team.
Course Dates: November 30th and December 7th
Course Length: This course lasts for five days.
Free Course for: Anyone who is unemployed and aged 19 or over who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years
Certified Awarding Body: VTCT
Once you have submitted your full registration and documents you will be automatically placed on one of the course dates (subject to further eligibility checks).
How this course is structured
The Civil Service SBWA consists of an blended-learning Employability course that's been tailored to giving you a headstart in the Civil Service job application process.
Each day you will have two live, interactive Zoom sessions with our experienced and dynamic Employability tutor: From 9:30am - 12:30pm and 1:30pm - 4:30pm. Some of the time during these sessions will consist of interactive workshops led by Civil Service employees, as well as independent study.
Are you eligible to complete this qualification for free?
This qualification is 100% government funded if:
- On the 31st of August 2019, you were aged 19 or over
- You must currently live in Greater London
- You have lived in the European Union for the last 3 years (unless you have have been given a special Visa/Residence permits that gives you the permanent right to remain)
- Are Unemployed and can provide evidence (Subject to eligibility)
- Can provide Identifications and relevant documentation as required
- If on the 31st of August 2019, you were aged between 19-23, you need to have gained a full level 2 qualification (e.g. five or more GCSE/O-Levels at grades A* – C / 4 – 9, one A-Level, two/three AS-Levels, five or more CSE grade 1’s, GNVQ Intermediate, QCF Diploma Level 2).
What Students Like You Are Saying
Why Learn with Us
A self-paced course that could be completed in as little as five weeks
A fully certified and nationally accredited qualification
Ongoing and comrehensive one-to-one support from an expert assessor
Comprehensive employment support service