A City & Guilds qualification (Level 1 Award) will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to excel in customer service, and help your CV stand out.
Customer Service is also an ideal starting point for those wanting to further advance their careers.
2 weeks. Monday to Friday, 9:30am – 4:30pm.
This course is fully funded for:
City and Guilds
Learn how to deliver quality customer service
• Identify different types of customers
• Identify different needs of customers
• Explore what is meant by customer satisfaction
• Explore what is meant by customer expectations
Learn different communication methods
• Explore effective methods of communication to use when dealing with different customers
• Explore how to use questions when dealing with different customers
• Identify positive and negative body language and facial expression
• Explore how customers’ body language impacts on customer service
• Explore how own body language impacts on customer service
Know how to provide good customer service in line with organisational procedures
• Understand the importance of providing products and services which are ‘fit for purpose’
• Learn about the importance of customer and organisation confidentiality
• Explore the limits of own authority
Know how to effectively deal with customer queries, problems and complaints
• Learn how to deal with customer queries
• Identify common customer problems and complaints
• How to deal with problems and complaints
Customer service skills can help you find work in almost any industry or job role, such as:
Waitrose will make a presentation to learners on the benefits of working for the company, while meeting learners and providing slots for interviews.
Strive Training will assist with the mandatory online application process (prior to the course starting) so aspects of the application can be whilst students are on the course. During the course, learners are supported with a driving assessment. They also visit the company to meet the team and have a driving test, followed by an interview.
Dunelm recruiters will visit Strive Training to meet learners and promote careers with the company. They will provide slots for guaranteed assessment/interviews.
Once the course is completed, learners will attend an assessment, shadow current employees, meet the team, undertake an exercise and have their guaranteed interviews.