1. Principles of providing administrative services
This unit will develop your knowledge of a range of administrative support tasks as well as meeting types, different mail services and how to organise travel and accommodation. This unit also covers the impact of delivering poor customer service.
2. Principles of business document production and information management
This unit will provide you with an understanding of how to prepare and distribute business documents and identify how information is managed in business organisations.
3. Understand communication in a business environment
Within this unit you will study written and verbal business communication, including identifying appropriate body language and tone of voice when communicating verbally.
4. Understand employer organisations
This unit will provide you with an understanding of different organisational structures and the differences between private, public and voluntary sectors. You will also cover the internal and external influences on organisations and why change in the business environment is important.
5. Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
Within this unit you will look at the principles of effective team working, as well as what is expected of a ‘buddy’.
6. Understand how to carry out business administration tasks
This unit will provide you with the knowledge of how to deal with incoming and outgoing mail, reception services, diary systems management, event organisation and systems for financing administration roles. You will get the opportunity to apply this to your current or potential future workplace.
7. Understand how to prepare text
Within this unit you will gain an understanding of how to create text from recorded notes as well as knowledge of organisational procedures for storing confidential information.