This qualification will help develop your understanding of bullying, including how to recognise that bullying is taking place and how to take effective action to stop it. This qualification covers the definitions of bullying and cyberbullying, legislation that applies to bullying, the effects that bullying can have on children and young people and how to act when bullying is identified.
Course Length: On average, this course is completed within 5 – 10 weeks. But the more time you dedicate, the sooner you can complete it. The pace of the learning is up to you.
Free Course for: Anyone aged 19 or over who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years
Certified Awarding Body: TQUK
Check out what people are saying about the course:
Exclusive for FastTrack Learners
Premium employment support
We'll tap into our strong employer network to source relevant job opportunities. Plus, get one-to-one assistance to power up your CV, job application and interview preparations!
Achieve your qualification after only two to four weeks of full-time learning thats shaped around your schedule.
Free Lifetime Use of Our Career Direction App
See how your transferable skills, interests, and experience can open up doors to brand new career opportunities you'd never considered before!
Are you eligible to complete this qualification for free?
This qualification is 100% government funded if:
- On the 31st of August 2019, you were aged 19 or over
- You currently live in England. (However, anyone living in the following areas is not eligible for funding: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City Region, Tees Valley, West Midlands, and the West of England.)
- You have lived in the European Union for the last 3 years (unless you have have been given a special Visa/Residence permits that gives you the permanent right to remain)
- Are Unemployed in receipt of benefit or Employed and can provide evidence (Subject to eligibility)
- Can provide Identifications and relevant documentation as required
- If on the 31st of August 2019, you were aged between 19-23, you need to have gained a full level 2 qualification (e.g. five or more GCSE/O-Levels at grades A* – C / 4 – 9, one A-Level, two/three AS-Levels, five or more CSE grade 1’s, GNVQ Intermediate, QCF Diploma Level 2).
How home-based learning works
After an initial digital assessment, you will receive access to the digital course, which is full of engaging and comprehensive content such as videos, quizzes, and more. You will be paired with a qualified assessor who will provide you with ongoing, friendly support. You'll then complete an online assessment in order to receive your qualification.
1: Principles of bullying
- Section 1: What is meant by bullying
- Section 2: Key features of what behaviour is considered bullying
- Section 3: What is meant by cyber bullying
- Section 4: Bullying in context
- Section 5: The short and long-term effects of bullying
- Section 6: Discrimination.
2: Recognising bullying in children and young people
- Section 1: Individuals who may be at risk of bullying
- Section 2: The signs that a child or young person may be being bullied
- Section 3: Why children or young people bully
3: Action to be taken when a child or young person is being bullied
- Section 1: How to support a child or young person who is being bullied
- Section 2: How to approach the potential bully.
4: Understand government guidelines for bullying
- Section 1: The Equality Act 2010
- Section 2: Government and Ofsted guidance on tackling bullying
- Section 3: Policies and procedures for bullying.
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Bullying in Children and Young People
Frequently Asked Questions
Where and when do courses take place?
Our Home Learning courses take place from the comfort of your home! You can be enrolled on our courses whenever you are ready, and start when you’re ready.
Can I work at my own pace and my own time?
Yes, the main advantage of doing our Home Learning course is that allows you to be flexible to choose the times that suits you to learn. Each course will have a recommended date to complete, with plenty of time to work through the units to gain the qualification.
We are adding the ability to enroll yourself very soon, but in the meantime, please fill out the form on this page - and someone from the team will get in touch with you within a day.
Do I have to attend your training centre?
No, you don’t need to attend our training center for any of our Home Learning courses. (Note that under normal circumstances we deliver various classroom-based courses from our training centers in Croydon, Harrow and Tottenham - learn more at https://strivetraining.co.uk/classroom-based-courses/)
How many courses can I take?
You can enroll on one course at a time, but you can do as many as you like to achieve your career goals. We are happy to give you information, advice and guidance on any courses you wish to complete.
I’m not great with technology - will I be able to learn online?
We continually try to make learning simple and transparent. Learning through our online platform is incredibly easy and you can navigate around your qualification quickly and access all the learning materials as soon as you login.
Your studying should be about what you learn, not how you learn it. Which is why we make the entire process as simple as possible to help you adjust to learning online.
Get in touch with us via the form on this page, and one of the team will get back to straight away to book your initial online or phone-based assessment. After all, we need to make sure you qualify for the free accredited course. But don't worry - it's a quick and straight-forward process that we'll personally walk you through!