This qualification will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of behaviour that challenges in children, including how such behaviour can be appraised and the avoidance techniques that can help to minimise the effects of challenging behaviour. You will look at how different coexisting conditions, such as a learning disability, a mental health condition, sensory issues and autism can impact on behaviour that challenges, and how to help support those children who experience these complex behaviours.
This course is ideal for anyone who currently works in or would like to work in, the health and social care, and education sectors.
Course Length: On average, this course is completed within 5 – 10 weeks. But the more time you dedicate, the sooner you can complete it. The pace of the learning is up to you.
Free Course for: Anyone aged 19 or over who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years
Certified Awarding Body: TQUK
Exclusive for FastTrack Learners
Premium employment support
We'll tap into our strong employer network to source relevant job opportunities. Plus, get one-to-one assistance to power up your CV, job application and interview preparations!
Achieve your qualification after only two to four weeks of full-time learning thats shaped around your schedule.
Free Lifetime Use of Our Career Direction App
See how your transferable skills, interests, and experience can open up doors to brand new career opportunities you'd never considered before!
Are you eligible to complete this qualification for free?
This qualification is 100% government funded if:
- On the 31st of August 2019, you were aged 19 or over
- You currently live in England. (However, anyone living in the following areas is not eligible for funding: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City Region, Tees Valley, West Midlands, and the West of England.)
- You have lived in the European Union for the last 3 years (unless you have have been given a special Visa/Residence permits that gives you the permanent right to remain)
- Are Unemployed in receipt of benefit or Employed and can provide evidence (Subject to eligibility)
- Can provide Identifications and relevant documentation as required
- If on the 31st of August 2019, you were aged between 19-23, you need to have gained a full level 2 qualification (e.g. five or more GCSE/O-Levels at grades A* – C / 4 – 9, one A-Level, two/three AS-Levels, five or more CSE grade 1’s, GNVQ Intermediate, QCF Diploma Level 2).
How home-based learning works
After an initial digital assessment, you will receive access to the digital course, which is full of engaging and comprehensive content such as videos, quizzes, and more. You will be paired with a qualified assessor who will provide you with ongoing, friendly support. You'll then complete an online assessment in order to receive your qualification.
1: Awareness of behaviour that challenges in children
- Section 1: Understand what is meant by behaviour that challenges
- Section 2: Understand who may experience behaviour that challenges
- Section 3: Know how behaviour that challenges can be assessed in children
- Section 4: Understand the impact behaviour that challenges can have.
2: Principles of intervention when working with behaviour that challenges in children and young people
- Section 1: Understand how strategies can help promote positive behaviour
- Section 2: Understand how to record incidents
- Section 3: Know how to avoid behaviour that challenges in children
- Section 4: Know the importance of safe physical intervention.
3: Behaviour that challenges and mental health in children
- Section 1: Understand the characteristics of mental health
- Section 2: Understand how UK legislation can support the human rights of children with a mental health condition
- Section 3: Know how mental health affects behaviours that challenge in children
- Section 4: Know how to support children with a mental health condition experiencing behaviour that challenges.
4: Behaviour that challenges and learning disabilities
- Section 1: Understand the characteristics of learning disabilities
- Section 2: Understand how UK legislation can support the human rights of children with a learning disability
- Section 3: Understand typical behaviour that challenges expressed by those with a learning disability
- Section 4: Know how to support children with a learning disability experiencing behaviour that challenges.
5: Behaviour that challenges, sensory issues and autism
- Section 1: Understand the characteristics of sensory issues and autism
- Section 2: Understand how UK legislation can support the human rights of children with sensory issues and autism
- Section 3: Understand typical behaviour that challenges in children expressed by those with sensory issues and autism
- Section 4: Know how to support children with sensory issues and autism experiencing behaviour that challenges.
6: Legislation supporting behaviour that challenges in children
- Section 1: Understand legislation supporting behaviour that challenges in children
- Section 2: Understand wider support available when working with children with behaviour that challenges.
- Level 2 Certificate in Behaviour that Challenges in Children
Frequently Asked Questions
Where and when do courses take place?
Our Home Learning courses take place from the comfort of your home! You can be enrolled on our courses whenever you are ready, and start when you’re ready.
Can I work at my own pace and my own time?
Yes, the main advantage of doing our Home Learning course is that allows you to be flexible to choose the times that suits you to learn. Each course will have a recommended date to complete, with plenty of time to work through the units to gain the qualification.
We are adding the ability to enroll yourself very soon, but in the meantime, please fill out the form on this page - and someone from the team will get in touch with you within a day.
Do I have to attend your training centre?
No, you don’t need to attend our training center for any of our Home Learning courses. (Note that under normal circumstances we deliver various classroom-based courses from our training centers in Croydon, Harrow and Tottenham - learn more at https://strivetraining.co.uk/classroom-based-courses/)
How many courses can I take?
You can enroll on one course at a time, but you can do as many as you like to achieve your career goals. We are happy to give you information, advice and guidance on any courses you wish to complete.
I’m not great with technology - will I be able to learn online?
We continually try to make learning simple and transparent. Learning through our online platform is incredibly easy and you can navigate around your qualification quickly and access all the learning materials as soon as you login.
Your studying should be about what you learn, not how you learn it. Which is why we make the entire process as simple as possible to help you adjust to learning online.
Get in touch with us via the form on this page, and one of the team will get back to straight away to book your initial online or phone-based assessment. After all, we need to make sure you qualify for the free accredited course. But don't worry - it's a quick and straight-forward process that we'll personally walk you through!