Get set for a rewarding career in one of the UK’s fastest growing segments. This fully accredited course will give you the knowledge and practical skills to work in a care home, in domiciliary care, in community support, or a childcare setting.
This qualification could lead to the following jobs:
- Care assistants
- Mental health support workers
- Health care support
- Early years worker
- …and more!
You’ll hear directly from our partners about about exclusive opportunities – with guaranteed interviews for all course graduates! Plus, our specialist employment team is here to help you all the way through the job application process.
Course length: This is a four week course: two weeks full-time (9:30am – 4:30pm) and two weeks part-time (9:30am – 1pm)
Course starting date: Monday, September 12
Course Location: The course takes place in our Croydon training centre: Suffolk House, College Rd, Croydon CR0 0YN
Free course for: Anyone who is unemployed and aged 19 or over who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years
Qualification: Level 1 certificate in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Settings (QCF)
Certified awarding body: NCFE
How to Enrol
To immediately self-enrol online, begin by filling out the form on the right hand side of this page.
To enrol with our assistance, you are most welcome to visit us at our Croydon Training centre Monday - Friday, between 9:30am and 4:30pm.
Are you eligible to complete this qualification for free?
This qualification is 100% government funded if:
- You were born before the 31st August 2003
- You must currently live in England. However, anyone living in the following areas is not eligible for funding: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City Region, Tees Valley, West Midlands and West of England
- You have lived in the European Union for the last 3 years (unless you have have been given a special Visa/Residence permits that gives you the permanent right to remain)
- Are Unemployed and can provide evidence (Subject to eligibility)
- Can provide Identifications and relevant documentation as required
- If on the 31st of August 2021, you were aged between 19-23, you need to have gained a full level 2 qualification (e.g. five or more GCSE/O-Levels at grades A* – C / 4 – 9, one A-Level, two/three AS-Levels, five or more CSE grade 1’s, GNVQ Intermediate, QCF Diploma Level 2)