Make sure your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills are up-to-scratch for your further education or the workforce.
This course will also develop your English skills – with a focus on the spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and grammar fundamentals that you’ll need in everyday life, the workplace and in education. We’ll work on improving your reading comprehension, and ability to communicate effectively – ensuring you’ll be a responsive and competent colleague.
This course is the perfect way to open doors to countless careers and opportunities.
You will receive a 100% personalised learning plan based on your current English skills.
Free course for: Anyone who is aged 19 or over who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years – regardless of employment status
Course Location: The course takes place in our Croydon training centre: Suffolk House, College Rd, Croydon CR0 0YN
Levels available: Entry Levels 1 – 3 (Levels 1 and 2 will be available in due course)
Certified awarding body: NCFE
Course start dates: TBA
Course length: This is a 2 week course, every Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 2:30pm
How to Enrol
To immediately self-enrol online, begin by filling out the form on the right hand side of this page.
To enrol with our assistance, you are most welcome to visit us at our Croydon Training centre on any Thursday, between 9:30am and 3:30pm.
Are you eligible to complete this qualification for free?
This qualification is 100% government funded if:
- You were born before the 31st August 2004
- You must currently live in England. However, anyone living in the following areas is not eligible for funding: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City Region, Tees Valley, West Midlands and West of England
- Must live in the UK or EEA:
- If you are outside of London: You have lived in the EEA for the last 3 years (unless you have have been given a special Visa/Residence permits that gives you the permanent right to remain)
- If you are within Greater London: You must have permission to reside in the UK for the next 12 months
- Are unemployed:
- If you are outside of London: Can provide evidence of being in receipt of benefits (subject to eligibility)
- If you are within Greater London: There is no need to be in receipt of benefits. However, you must be actively seeking work and available to start work (subject to eligibility)
- Can provide Identifications and relevant documentation as required
- For Level 2 courses: If on the 31st of August 2022, you were aged between 19-23, you need to have gained a full level 2 qualification (e.g. five or more GCSE/O-Levels at grades A* – C / 4 – 9, one A-Level, two/three AS-Levels, five or more CSE grade 1’s, GNVQ Intermediate, QCF Diploma Level 2)