1. Understanding customer service in the retail sector
In this unit your learners will learn how important effective customer service is to a retail business, particularly in relation to customer needs, customer service procedures and dealing with customer complaints.
2. Understanding the retail selling process
This unit explores the benefits of product knowledge and using questions to identify customer needs. It also helps learners understand selling models and how sales are closed.
3. Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
In this unit your learners will cover various aspects involved in the effectiveness of a retail business. This includes understanding employment rights and responsibilities, the importance of effective team work and communications skills.
4. Understanding how a retail business maintains health and safety on its premises
In this unit your learners will look at health and safety in a retail environment, including what actions to take in an emergency and what is considered general safe working practice.
5. Understanding retail consumer law
In this unit your learners will examine consumer legislation, including protection against unfair trading practices and consequences for business and employees of contravening retail law.
6.Understand how to deal with customer queries and complaints in a retail environment
This unit will give your learners an understanding of how to resolve queries and complaints in a retail environment and how this could contribute to customer confidence.
7. Understanding the handling of customer payments in a retail business
This unit will provide your learners with an understanding of the different payment methods accepted from retail customers and the risks involved in handling payments. This will cover the key responsibilities of a retail cashier.
8. Understanding the control, receipt and storage of stock in a retail business
In this unit your learners will gain an understanding of the importance of having the right stock levels, and will cover how goods are received and how stock should be stored to prevent damage or loss.