Take the first step to building a better future – for you and the planet.
The green economy is booming. Sustainable industries are growing. Employers are becoming increasingly environmentally-conscious. Today, job seekers who can demonstrate that they’re aware of, and concerned about, environmental issues are at advantage.
Our GreenFutures: Introduction to Environmental Awareness course will boost your career prospects by giving you the environmental knowledge a growing number of employers want their team to have
Set yourself up for a green career:
- A 1.5 day virtual course delivered via Zoom
- The course runs from Tuesday to Wednesday: Tuesday session: 9:30am – 12:30pm and 1:30pm to 4:30pm; Wednesday session: 9:30am – 12:30am.
- Earn a Level 1 Award in Environmental Awareness
- 100% government funded – absolutely no cost to you!
What you’ll learn:
- You’ll learn about how individuals and organisations can tackle important threats, such as: climate change, air pollution water shortage, plastic pollution and shrinking biodiversity
- Uncover what actions can be taken at home and in the workplace to combat climate change
- Explore how you can reduce your own carbon footprint
Course length: This is a two week course
Course start dates: Tuesday, November 16
Free course for: Anyone who is unemployed and aged 19 or over who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years
Certified Awarding Body: NCFE
This programme is the perfect starting point for a green career in:
- Sustainable energy
- Green technology
- Resource management
- Corporate responsibility
- Public policy
- Environmental protection
- As well as with any environmentally friendly organisation
Plus we’ll provide post-course employment assistance: get access to specially sourced job opportunities, and 1-to-1 advice on career direction, CVs, job applications, and more!
Are you eligible to complete this qualification for free?
This qualification is 100% government funded if:
- You were born before the 31st August 2002
- You must currently live in England. However, anyone living in the following areas is not eligible for funding: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City Region, Tees Valley, West Midlands and West of England
- You have lived in the European Union for the last 3 years (unless you have have been given a special Visa/Residence permits that gives you the permanent right to remain)
- Are Unemployed and can provide evidence (Subject to eligibility)
- Can provide Identifications and relevant documentation as required
- If on the 31st of August 2020, you were aged between 19-23, you need to have gained a full level 2 qualification (e.g. five or more GCSE/O-Levels at grades A* – C / 4 – 9, one A-Level, two/three AS-Levels, five or more CSE grade 1’s, GNVQ Intermediate, QCF Diploma Level 2)