This course aims to help develop your knowledge, understanding, and competence in a variety of different IT areas. This course is ideal for those who work with IT within their current job role, and for those who are familiar with using a computer and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). In order, to complete this course you will need access to a computer and a basic level of IT knowledge. It may also be favourable to have some level of confidence in producing your own documents in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (as you will need to do this as part of your assessment).
This course will encourage you to think about how IT can be used in a number of different ways, as you are introduced to specific tools that will assist you in utilising IT in everyday life. You will consider the best software and tools available for specific tasks and will do this with the view of improving both your productivity and efficiency. You will also learn about the importance of IT security; from email spam, to firewalls and computer viruses. And as you make progress through the course you will look in detail at presentation and spreadsheet software and will be assessed on your understanding and use of these.
Please note: Competency elements will be assessed by viewing datafiles or screenshots of completed work. You will need access to a computer and the Microsoft Office suite in order to complete the course.
Course Length: On average, this course is completed within 5 – 10 weeks. But the more time you dedicate, the sooner you can complete it. The pace of the learning is up to you.
Free Course for: Anyone aged 19 or over who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years
Certified Awarding Body: TQUK
Are you eligible to complete this qualification for free?
This qualification is 100% government funded if:
- On the 31st of August 2019, you were aged 19 or over
- You currently live in England. (However, anyone living in the following areas is not eligible for funding: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City Region, Tees Valley, West Midlands, and the West of England.)
- You have lived in the European Union for the last 3 years (unless you have have been given a special Visa/Residence permits that gives you the permanent right to remain)
- Are Unemployed in receipt of benefit or Employed and can provide evidence (Subject to eligibility)
- Can provide Identifications and relevant documentation as required
- If on the 31st of August 2019, you were aged between 19-23, you need to have gained a full level 2 qualification (e.g. five or more GCSE/O-Levels at grades A* – C / 4 – 9, one A-Level, two/three AS-Levels, five or more CSE grade 1’s, GNVQ Intermediate, QCF Diploma Level 2).
How home-based learning works
After an initial digital assessment, you will receive access to the digital course, which is full of engaging and comprehensive content such as videos, quizzes, and more. You will be paired with a qualified assessor who will provide you with ongoing, friendly support. You'll then complete an online assessment in order to receive your qualification.
Simply complete the short form on the right. You'll then be invited to select between a Fast-Track online registration, or a guided phone registration with one of our team members.
This registration process will confirm your eligibility to have your qualification 100% government funded. Join 30,000 other learners who have chosen to upskill with Strive Training - register now!