Take the first step to building a better future – for you and the planet.
Do you want to make a positive impact on people, society and the planet? Are you concerned about climate change and the impact on our environment? Ready to take action and pursue a greener future?
Gain the knowledge and understanding you need to drive positive change for the planet and step into a green career.
Right now, we’re facing a climate breakdown. Our GreenFutures programme will provide you an understanding of the nature of climate change and the role you can play in protecting the planet, both at home and in the workplace.
Set yourself up for a green career:
- A two-week virtual course delivered via Zoom
- The course runs from Monday to Friday, 9:30am – 12:30pm (Zoom sessions) and 1:30pm to 4:30pm (directed individual study).
- Earn a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness
- 100% government funded – absolutely no cost to you!
What you’ll learn:
- Discover the key challenges facing the environment
- Uncover what actions can be taken at home and in the workplace to combat climate change
- Explore how you can reduce your own carbon footprint
Course length: This is a two week course
Course start dates: November 29
Free course for: Anyone who is unemployed and aged 19 or over who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years
Certified Awarding Body: NCFE
This programme is the perfect starting point for a green career in:
- Sustainable energy
- Green technology
- Resource management
- Corporate responsibility
- Public policy
- Environmental protection
Plus we’ll provide post-course employment assistance: get access to specially sourced job opportunities, and 1-to-1 advice on career direction, CVs, job applications, and more!
Are you eligible to complete this qualification for free?
This qualification is 100% government funded if:
- You were born before the 31st August 2002
- You must currently live in England. However, anyone living in the following areas is not eligible for funding: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City Region, Tees Valley, West Midlands and West of England
- You have lived in the European Union for the last 3 years (unless you have have been given a special Visa/Residence permits that gives you the permanent right to remain)
- Are Unemployed and can provide evidence (Subject to eligibility)
- Can provide Identifications and relevant documentation as required
- If on the 31st of August 2020, you were aged between 19-23, you need to have gained a full level 2 qualification (e.g. five or more GCSE/O-Levels at grades A* – C / 4 – 9, one A-Level, two/three AS-Levels, five or more CSE grade 1’s, GNVQ Intermediate, QCF Diploma Level 2)