About the course
|Course starting dates||To be advised|
|Course length||This is a five day course|
|Lesson times||It runs full time from 9:30am – 4:30pm (with a one hour lunch break).|
It’s time to get to work! The UK Civil Service consists of over 300 departments and agencies, employing over 400,000 staff across the UK and abroad – across 25 different professions.
There’s a place for anyone who’s motivated and hard working in the Civil Service – and our new programme will get you a foot in the door.
Course Location: The course takes place in our Croydon training centre: Suffolk House, College Rd, Croydon CR0 0YN
Why do this course:
- Improve your CV, job application and job interview skills – and earn an accredited qualification in Employability Skills.
- Get an inside understanding of the Civil Service’s recruitment process
- Hear directly from Civil Servants about what it’s like to work for the government
- Our employer engagement team is standing by to provide any additional support on applying for Civil Service positions, plus they will provide you with exclusive access to other career opportunities.
By the end of this course, you'll have:
- Created a clear, concise and professional CV that will help you stand out amongst hiring managers from all organisations
- Have the confidence to ace your next job interview – whether it’s in-person or online
- Uncovered a suitable job for you in the Civil Service and have the tools to confidently complete the application process
Job search skills
Job application skills
CV writing skills
Opportunities in the Civil Service
- How to create a civil service jobs account
- Searching for vacancies
- Understanding Civil Service job descriptions
- Virtual interview introduction and practice
- Understanding the application process, including: the psychometric test, verbal reasoning test, situational judgement test, and behaviour statements.
Simply complete the short form on the right. You'll then immediately be able to complete your Fast-Track online registration.
This registration process will confirm your eligibility to have your qualification 100% government funded.
Join 60,000 other learners who have chosen to upskill with Strive Training - register now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where and when do courses take place?
Do I have to pay for this course?
Do your courses have start dates?
Do I need to do an exam at the end of my course?
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
How long will it take for my certificate to arrive?