Get set for a rewarding career in one of the UK’s fastest growing segments. This fully accredited course will give you the knowledge and practical skills to work in a care home, in domiciliary care, in community support, or a childcare setting.
This qualification could lead to the following jobs:
- Care assistants
- Mental health support workers
- Health care support
- Early years worker
- …and more!
You’ll hear directly from our partners about about exclusive opportunities – with guaranteed interviews for all course graduates! Plus, our specialist employment team is here to help you all the way through the job application process.
Course length: This is a four week course: two weeks full-time (9:30am – 4:30pm) and two weeks part-time (9:30am – 1pm)
Course starting date: June 6th, June 27th, July 4th
Free course for: Anyone who is unemployed and aged 19 or over who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years
Qualification: Level 1 certificate in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Settings (QCF)
Certified awarding body: NCFE
How Home Learning works: Each day you will have two live, interactive Zoom sessions with our experienced and dynamic tutor.
Are you eligible to complete this qualification for free?
This qualification is 100% government funded if:
- You were born before the 31st August 2002
- You must currently live in England. However, anyone living in the following areas is not eligible for funding: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City Region, Tees Valley, West Midlands and West of England
- You have lived in the European Union for the last 3 years (unless you have have been given a special Visa/Residence permits that gives you the permanent right to remain)
- Are Unemployed and can provide evidence (Subject to eligibility)
- Can provide Identifications and relevant documentation as required
- If on the 31st of August 2020, you were aged between 19-23, you need to have gained a full level 2 qualification (e.g. five or more GCSE/O-Levels at grades A* – C / 4 – 9, one A-Level, two/three AS-Levels, five or more CSE grade 1’s, GNVQ Intermediate, QCF Diploma Level 2)