Sodexo is one of the UK’s best known hospitality employers. This two-week, home-based course will prepare you with the specific skills that they’re looking for in new recruits, and each graduate will receive a guaranteed interview with Sodexo!
You’ll hear directly from their respective recruiting teams about their vacancies and gain exclusive insights.
Plus, our specialist employment team is here to help you all the way through the job application process.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Master the basics of food preparation and cooking and prepare simple dishes
- Create a positive experience for customers in the hospitality industry
- Explore different career paths within the hospitality industry
- Understand how establishments differ within the hospitality and catering industry and what makes them unique
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace and correctly follow safety and security procedures
Course Length: This is a two week course
Course location: This course will take place in our Croydon centre: Suffolk House, College Rd, Croydon CR0 0YN
Course Starting Dates: We are currently working on our schedule for the 2023/24 academic year, which starts August 2023. You are welcome to register for the next course now in order to tentatively secure a spot. However, upcoming updated eligibility criteria may require that you will need to then fill out an additional registration form closer to the course start date.
Free course for: Anyone who is unemployed and aged 19 or over who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years
Qualification: You will receive a Level 1 Certificate in Occupational Workplace Studies (Hospitality).
Certified Awarding Body: NCFE
Plus we’ll provide post-course employment assistance: get access to specially sourced job opportunities, and 1-to-1 advice on career direction, CVs, job applications, and more!
How to Enrol
To immediately self-enrol online, begin by filling out the form on the right hand side of this page.
To enrol with our assistance, you are most welcome to visit us at our Croydon Training centre Monday - Friday, between 9:30am and 4:30pm.
Are you eligible to complete this qualification for free?
This qualification is 100% government funded if:
- You were born before the 31st August 2004
- You must currently live in England. However, anyone living in the following areas is not eligible for funding: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City Region, Tees Valley, West Midlands and West of England
- Must live in the UK or EEA:
- If you are outside of London: You have lived in the EEA for the last 3 years (unless you have have been given a special Visa/Residence permits that gives you the permanent right to remain)
- If you are within Greater London: You must have permission to reside in the UK for the next 12 months
- Are unemployed:
- If you are outside of London: Can provide evidence of being in receipt of benefits (subject to eligibility)
- If you are within Greater London: There is no need to be in receipt of benefits. However, you must be actively seeking work and available to start work (subject to eligibility)
- Can provide Identifications and relevant documentation as required
- For Level 2 courses: If on the 31st of August 2022, you were aged between 19-23, you need to have gained a full level 2 qualification (e.g. five or more GCSE/O-Levels at grades A* – C / 4 – 9, one A-Level, two/three AS-Levels, five or more CSE grade 1’s, GNVQ Intermediate, QCF Diploma Level 2)