About the course
|Course starting dates||December 4th, December 11th, December 18th|
|Course length||This course lasts for five days.|
|Lesson times||Your daily Zoom session, with our experienced and dynamic tutor, runs from 9:30am to 4:30pm (with a one hour lunch break).|
What is the Civil Service?
The UK Civil Service is an organisation that advises and supports the government in delivering policies and public services. Nearly 500,000 people work for the Civil Service across hundreds of departments, in all sorts of roles, spread throughout the UK!
It is politically neutral and independent of the government and political parties. There’s a place for anyone who’s motivated and hard-working in the Civil Service – and this course will help get your foot in the door!
Why work for the Civil Service:
- A huge variety of career opportunities that suit all ambitions and personalities – from engineers to administrators to delivery drivers.
- Great work-life balance with flexible, hybrid and part-time working options, as well as good annual leave and family leave packages.
- Excellent workplace pension scheme, which is regarded as one of the best in the UK public sector..
- Ample opportunity for career and personal development, with access to coaching, mentoring and work-based training courses.
- Great health, wellbeing and discount schemes – from retail discounts to reduced gym memberships.
Why do this course:
- Improve your CV, job application and job interview skills – and earn an accredited qualification in Employability Skills.
- Get an inside understanding of the Civil Service's recruitment process.
- Hear directly from Civil Servants about what it's like to work for the government.
- Our employer engagement team is standing by to provide any additional support on applying for Civil Service positions, plus they will provide you with exclusive access to other career opportunities.
By the end of this course, you'll have:
- Created a clear, concise and professional CV that will help you stand out amongst hiring managers from all organizations.
- Have the confidence to ace your next job interview – whether it's in-person or online.
- Uncovered a suitable job for you in the Civil Service and have the tools to confidently complete the application process.
Job search skills
Job application skills
CV writing skills
Opportunities in the Civil Service
- How to create a civil service jobs account
- Searching for vacancies
- Understanding Civil Service job descriptions
- Virtual interview introduction and practice
- Understanding the application process, including: the psychometric test, verbal reasoning test, situational judgement test, and behaviour statements.
Simply complete the short form on the right. You'll then immediately be able to complete your Fast-Track online registration.
This registration process will confirm your eligibility to have your qualification 100% government funded.
Join 60,000 other learners who have chosen to upskill with Strive Training - register now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where and when do courses take place?
Do I only have five days to complete the course?
Do I have to pay for this course?
Do your courses have start dates?
Do I need to do an exam at the end of my course?
I’m not great with technology - will I be able to learn online?
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
How long will it take for my certificate to arrive?
- Full Name
- Title of the qualification
- Contact details and address