This qualification will create new opportunities for you in the fast-growing logistics and warehousing sector. You’ll learn new skills, plus meet one of the UK’s best warehouse and logistics recruitment agencies: Class 1 Personnel.
You’ll hear directly from their recruiting team about their current vacancies, plus you’ll receive a guaranteed interview. Plus, our specialist employment team is here to help you all the way through their job application process.
By the end of this course, you will
- understand stock control and the procedures for moving, storing and replenishing stock
- be familiar with the complexities of safe manual handling
- understand how to receive goods correctly and safety
- be able to identify different problems that could arise in the workplace, and know how to consider possible solutions
- appreciate what makes a good working team, and how to apply your own strengths to your role
- understand the process of sorting goods or materials for recycling or disposal
Course length: This is a two week course.
Course start dates: August 30th
Free Course for: Anyone who is unemployed and aged 19 or over who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years
Certified Awarding Body: NCFE
Post-course employment support: Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll receive tailored career advice and employment support to help you take your next skills into a new career. You’ll also have access to our incredibly strong employer network and their amazing job opportunities!
How live courses work
Each day you will have two live, interactive Zoom sessions with our experienced and dynamic tutor: From 9:30am - 12:30pm and 1:30pm - 4:30pm.
Jobs that this qualification can lead to:
- Warehouse operative
- Warehouse supervisor
- Stock control assistant
- Import Clerk
- Production assistant
- Supply chain co-ordinator
- Logistics operative
Are you eligible to complete this qualification for free?
This qualification is 100% government funded if:
- You were born before the 31st August 2003
- You must currently live in England. However, anyone living in the following areas is not eligible for funding: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City Region, Tees Valley, West Midlands and West of England
- You have lived in the European Union for the last 3 years (unless you have have been given a special Visa/Residence permits that gives you the permanent right to remain)
- Are Unemployed and can provide evidence (Subject to eligibility)
- Can provide Identifications and relevant documentation as required
- If on the 31st of August 2021, you were aged between 19-23, you need to have gained a full level 2 qualification (e.g. five or more GCSE/O-Levels at grades A* – C / 4 – 9, one A-Level, two/three AS-Levels, five or more CSE grade 1’s, GNVQ Intermediate, QCF Diploma Level 2)