1. How stewards control the entry, exit and movement of spectators at events
In this unit you will learn about controlling the entry, exit and movement of spectators at events, as well as how to recognise and respond to illegal and prohibited items, how to help customers with their problems, and how to deal with challenging customer behaviour.
2. How stewards monitor crowds and respond to potential crowd problems at spectator events
This unit will teach you how to recognise and respond to potential crowd problems and illegal and unsociable behaviour.
3. How stewards prepare for spectator events
Within this unit you will explore roles and responsibilities of stewards, how to prepare for duties at spectator events and how to check for and respond to hazards at events.
4. How to respond to injuries, illnesses and other emergencies in active leisure and learning
In this unit you will learn how to respond to injuries when first on the scene and how to follow emergency procedures.
5. Understand how effective teams work
Within this unit you will learn about the meaning of teamwork, the roles and responsibilities of different team members, how to work within a team and how to review performance within a team.
6. Health and safety in a work environment
This unit focuses on health and safety legislation and requirements in a work environment and you will learn how to recognise and manage risks, as well as gain an understanding of the different roles and their responsibilities for health, safety and welfare.
7. Fire safety principles
In this unit you will learn about different fire hazards and risks, as well as how to control fire risks in the workplace and manage the misuse of pyrotechnics at spectator events.
8. Safeguarding children and vulnerable people at spectator events
Within this unit you will focus on professional practice when safeguarding children and vulnerable people, your safeguarding and protection responsibilities, and the procedures for reporting or disclosing safeguarding concerns.